(Effective: November 3, 2022)
Collection of personal information
We may ask you on this site for information that personally identifies you or provides information about yourself (“personal information”) or allows us to contact you to provide a service or a product or carry out a transaction that you have requested (such as requesting information about our company). The personal information we collect may include your name, your address, your telephone number, your email address and other contact information, and other information about services requested through the Site. You are not required to provide the personal information that we have requested, but, if you choose not to do so, in many cases we will not be able to provide you with our services or respond to questions you may have.
The Site may also collect information about your visit, such as the name of the Internet service provider and the Internet Protocol (“IP”) address through which you access the Internet; the date and time you access the Site; the pages that you access while at the Site and the Internet address of the website from which you linked directly to the Site. This information is used, among other reasons, to help improve the Site, analyze use trends, and administer the Site.
In addition to the website, Genelux collects information about healthcare professionals when they interact with us or our representatives. Genelux also collects personal data from a number of third-party data sources, in particular from publicly available sources such as public registers of healthcare professionals, published journals and event materials and from websites of healthcare professionals or their employers. Genelux collects and processes such publicly available data only to the extent where the purposes for such collection and processing are compatible with and correspond to the purposes for which the respective data are made publicly available. Genelux also makes use of third-party data providers to enhance its own knowledge of the healthcare sector. This data will include information about health care providers’ role(s), qualifications, specialty, employer, experience, publications, and other information related to their professions.
Use of personal information
Except as otherwise required by law, the personal information collected on the Site will be used solely to:
- Operate the Site and to provide the service(s) and/or product(s) or carry out the transaction(s) you have requested or authorized
- To provide you with more effective customer service
- Send promotional or advertising materials to you (see opt-out provisions below)
- To improve the Site and any related Genelux products or services
- To make the Site easier to use by eliminating the need for your repeated entry of the same information. In order to offer you a more consistent experience in your interactions with Genelux, information collected by the Site may be combined with information collected in connection with other Genelux products and services
How we share information
Genelux may occasionally hire other companies to provide limited services on our behalf, such as website hosting, website design or technical support, mailing/shipping, answering customer questions about products and services, and sending information about our products, special offers, and other services. We will only provide those companies the personal information they need to deliver the service. They are required to maintain the confidentiality of the information and are prohibited from using that information for any other purpose. For example, Genelux may share data:
- To enable third parties to provide services to us. Categories of recipients of data would include health care providers, specialty pharmacies, financial investment service providers, insurance providers, pension administrators and other benefits providers, payroll support services, relocation, tax and travel management services, health and safety experts, and child care providers
- To comply with our legal obligations, regulations or contracts, or to respond to a court order, administrative or judicial process, such as a subpoena, government audit or search warrant. Categories of recipients would include counter-parties to contracts, judicial and governmental bodies
- In response to lawful requests by public authorities (such as national security or law enforcement)
- To seek legal advice from external lawyers and advice from other professional advisers such as accountants, management consultants, etc.
- As necessary to establish, exercise or defend against potential, threatened or actual litigation (such as adverse parties in litigation)
- Where necessary to protect Genelux, your vital interests, such as safety and security, or those of another person
- In connection with the sale, assignment or other transfer of all or part of our business (such as a potential purchaser and its legal/professional advisers)
We may aggregate and/or de-identify data about visitors to our Site or other collection activities and use it for any purpose, including product and service development and improvement activities.
Control of personal information
We will only retain your personal data for as long as necessary to fulfill the purposes for which it was collected, including for the purposes of satisfying legal, accounting, or reporting requirements. We are a United States-based company, and as such you expressly consent to the transfer and storage of your personal data collected through the website to anywhere in the United States where we maintain facilities. In some circumstances we may anonymize your personal data (so that it can no longer be associated with you) in which case we may use this information indefinitely without further notice to you.
Security of personal information
Genelux is strongly committed to protecting the security of your personal information. When you submit personal information on the Site, Genelux will take all reasonable efforts in order to protect your personal information. Genelux uses certain security technologies and procedures to help protect your personal information from unauthorized access, use, or disclosure once it is received. Although we implement reasonable administrative, physical, and electronic security measures designed to protect your personal data from unauthorized access, we cannot ensure the security of any information you transmit to or guarantee that this information will not be accessed, disclosed, altered, or destroyed. We will make any legally required disclosures of any breach of the security, confidentiality, or integrity of your unencrypted electronically stored personal data.
The Site provides you with the opportunity to choose to receive updates about Genelux and any information we may want you to know about. You may be added to Genelux’ mailing lists and signed up for certain notifications from Genelux when you submit your contact information through the Site. If you would like to be removed from this list and/or opt out of these notifications, please unsubscribe using the instructions in the email or call or write us at the physical address, email address or telephone number listed below. Please allow up to five (5) business days for processing of your opt-out request.
Third Party Sites
2625 Townsgate Road, Suite 230
Westlake Village, CA 91361